Crowds of people flocked to Belfast's Cathedral Quarter during the Fleadh
The first All Ireland Fleadh in Belfast ended in the early hours of Monday morning with organisers saying they were overwhelmed by the positive response they received from all communities.
Footfall figures – provided by Belfast One Business Improvement District – say 1.65 million visits were made to the city centre during the eight days of the Fleadh.
At least 4,000 were in the grounds of Belfast City Hall at 01:00 BST on Monday to hear the closing speeches and final tunes.
Niall McClean, co-chair of the organising committee, told the crowd: "We've done something that has never, ever happened in this city before. We've brought every single community together – and everybody has absolutely loved it."
Belfast One Business Improvement District (BID) used footfall cameras to capture the estimated number of people in the city for the Fleadh.
It said Saturday had been the festival's most well attended day with a total of 289,560 visitors.
BID Chief executive District Martina Connolly said it had "been a week like no other for Belfast".
"This success belongs to the people of Belfast. They embraced the experience, came into the city in huge numbers and created a truly positive and welcoming atmosphere," she said.
"We know there is more work to do next year to build on this success and ensure a lasting legacy."
Chair of Ards CCÉ Niall McClean was instrumental in bringing the event to Belfast
McClean told the crowd on the final night that they were all part of an historic event.
McClean added that it had "put a permanent smile on my face. I'm the happiest man in Belfast. Roll on 2027".
"Belfast has shone, the world has come to our doorstep, bringing the biggest numbers ever seen for a Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann," he said.
The All Ireland Fleadh returns to the city from 1 to 8 August 2027.