Skip to content
Live newsroom 35 readers online
Friday, August 21, 2026 Live Sync: Just now
Demystifying Finance, Technology, and Global Markets for the Next Generation.
BreakingSandra Bullock says she 'wasn't allowed to speak about' late partner Bryan Randall's ALS battle
Technology & Future Tech

Ian Wright reveals Arsenal transfer worry after Myles Lewis-Skelly exit rumours

This content is provided by Exco Player and may use cookies or similar technologies. Please click 'Allow and Continue' below to load the content. Your weekly briefing on Arsenal, featuring team news and expert analysis from Matt Verri I would like to be emailed about offers, event and updates from Evening Standard. Read our privacy […]

By deepak · August 21, 2026 · 3 min read

This content is provided by Exco Player and may use cookies or similar technologies. Please click 'Allow and Continue' below to load the content.

Your weekly briefing on Arsenal, featuring team news and expert analysis from Matt Verri

I would like to be emailed about offers, event and updates from Evening Standard. Read our privacy notice.

Ian Wright said reports linking Myles Lewis-Skelly with a move away from Arsenal this summer have left him worried about the club’s transfer strategy.

Standard Sport reported last week that the player had been offered to Chelsea and Manchester United by intermediaries, casting doubt over his future with the Gunners, where he has played since he was eight years old.

No concrete interest seemed to materialise from the rumours, and Lewis-Skelly has impressed in performances against Manchester City and Como since, suggesting he is prepared to stay and fight for his place.

The emergence of those reports, though, has left Wright concerned about Arsenal’s transfer strategy. Speaking on the Stick to Football podcast, he questioned the Gunners’ approach to the market.

“I don’t know where that’s coming from because I know for a fact that’s not coming from his team,” he began. “It’s not coming from his mum. Arsenal fans need to chill out with his mum saying that she’s touting him about.

“Myles has already said he’s happy to say. Why have Arsenal not just said he’s not for sale? He’d be a great signing for Manchester United, of course he would. Look what he’s doing.

“There’s things happening and this again is what I’m worried about with Arsenal, it’s the way we’re doing business with intermediaries now. How’s that story happening when we know for a fact they’re happening and want to stay and are happy.

“Martinelli has not been contacted by anybody at the club but has been touted about everywhere. Who is doing that? Why is that happening?”

Wright went on, questioning the state of Arsenal’s finances as he pointed out the club may be pushed to sell for pure profit.

“You know what’s confusing? How can we be in for Vinicius Junior when we’re looking to break records trying to sign this guy but now we’re desperate to sell. What’s going on?

“We’ve got a big squad and somebody has to leave but it seems like everyone leaving Arsenal is going to Turkey, that’s another thing.

“The unfortunate thing you get when you’ve got a player who comes through the academy and breaks into the first team and does what they do, you’ve always got that noose of pure profit on them.

Source: Read the original article on www.standard.co.uk