Skip to content
Live newsroom 140 readers online
Tuesday, August 18, 2026 Live Sync: Just now
Business and future technology newspaper
Finance. Technology. Markets.
BreakingSelf-saboteurs England and Pakistan face off in ‘El Dysfunctiono’ series
Commodities AVOID ETH Stage 4 (Conv: 1/5 | Size: 10%)

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua to SNUB Wembley and take place on a FRIDAY in New York to avoid clash with NFL: Date set with contracts signed as Britain's biggest fight goes abroad… and fans back home could face a VERY late night

Published: 15:42 BST, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 21:07 BST, 18 August 2026 Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are understood to have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City, raising concerns that the mega-fight will take place in the middle of the night for British fans. Fury took to social media on […]

By deepak · August 18, 2026 · 3 min read

Published: 15:42 BST, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 21:07 BST, 18 August 2026

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are understood to have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City, raising concerns that the mega-fight will take place in the middle of the night for British fans.

Fury took to social media on Tuesday morning to tease the announcement, telling his followers that the fight was on the verge of being publicised. He said: 'Big news being dropped very, very soon. A big fight on the horizon. It's the one you've all been waiting for. It's about to be announced imminently so stay tuned!'

While those close to the negotiations have told Daily Mail Sport that the blockbuster bout is done, with New York’s Madison Square Garden understood to have been agreed as the venue and Fury himself appearing to confirm the fight, Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has insisted there is still work to be done on the deal.

Those familiar with the discussions say Joshua and his promoter Hearn continued to push for the fight to take place in the UK, with Fury also keen on a homecoming event.

However, Hearn – who recently revealed it was written into Joshua's contract that the fight has to be staged in Britain – has told Daily Mail Sport that no agreement has yet been reached to change those terms.

'We are in constant communication with Turki and SELA but as of yet there is no agreement to any variation within the contract,' he said.

It is understood that Anthony Joshua (left) and Tyson Fury (right) have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City  

The fight is said to be taking in New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden – where Joshua previously suffered his shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019

Turki Alalshikh (above), who is helping bankroll the fight, had left the door open to staging the event in Britain, but made it clear that the numbers had to work

Others close to the discussions say Alalshikh's position was that the fight could be staged in the UK if the financial case stacked up and the figures could be demonstrated.

But with that case ultimately unable to be made, the decision has been taken to move the blockbuster to New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden – the scene of Joshua's shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019.

The fight is expected to take place on a Friday night in an attempt to avoid clashes with major American sporting events and maximise its exposure in the US.

It remains unclear, however, whether the main event will take place at a time convenient for British boxing fans.

And while Hearn's comments indicate that the contractual position has yet to be formally altered, Daily Mail Sport understands the final pieces are now being put in place for the official announcement, with the relevant parties due to meet in the coming days to organise the launch press conference.

Source: Read the original article on www.dailymail.com